Do not place your child’s cot, bed, highchair or playpen near to roller blinds. Do not put sofas, chairs, tables, shelves or bookcases close to windows, as children love to climb. Make sure all window furnishing cords and chains are always secured out of reach by utilising chain tension devices (included with every roller blind order).
CHILD SAFETY FOR BLINDS WITH CHAIN CONTROL
WARNING – THE CHAIN TENSION DEVICE MUST BE FITTED TO ENSURE CHILD SAFETY.
The chain tension device must be fitted. It is to be positioned at the bottom of the chain loop. It can be fitted to the inside of the reveal (frame) or in front of the reveal (frame).
1. Position the tension device at the bottom of the chain loop.
2. Install the tension device onto the reveal/frame, making sure that the loop chain hangs with minimal tension.
WARNING – ALL WINDOW COVERINGS WITH CORD OR CHAIN
To avoid creating a possible strangulation hazard for children, the corded or chained internal window covering must be installed in such a way that a loose cord or chain cannot form a loop 220mm or longer at a height of less than 1600mm above floor level.
* A cord/chain guide may be installed lower than 1600mm above floor level if the cord/chain is sufficiently secured or tensioned to prevent a loop 220mm or longer from being formed.
* If a cord/chain guide is installed lower than 1600mm above floor level, it must be designed to prevent a child from being able to remove the cord/chain.
* If a cleat is used to secure the cord, it must be at least 1600mm above floor level because a child is capable of unwinding a cord from a cleat.
For more information please visit the Government site here